How To Manage Your Event Listing
Where do I add my event on The Local Dish?
- To submit your event, click the Events tab in the top menu of our website, Click Add Event on the dropdown menu
- Click the button under the guidelines to register a user account and complete the Add Event listing form.
What are the general event guidelines?
- Please use short event titles (less than 60 characters, if possible). Editorial staff may edit the length for best optimization.
- There is no word limit for the event description.
- Pop-ups, single-day, and multi-day events are accepted.
- Please attach a jpg image less than 1MB size
- Events must be located in Oregon and Washington.
- Please allow 24 hours for editorial review and fact-checking.
- After publication, your event may be edited by clicking on “My Events” after you log in.
- Events should meet our Terms and Conditions.
- The Local Dish reserves the right to remove any event that fails to meet our Terms and Conditions.
Can virtual/online events be submitted?
Yes. We offer an “Online Event” category. You will still need to provide your business address, but be sure to click the “Hide my Address” button to eliminate event attendee confusion.
How do I make changes to my event listing?
- Login to thelocaldish.com using your username and password.
- Click on the event on your account page.
- Edit any changes to your event information.
- Click Update in the right sidebar. Remember to logout.
What if my event is canceled before the event date?
- Login to the website
- Click on your event.
- Scroll down to “Event Status” and choose “Cancelled”.
- Make sure to click “Update” in the upper right sidebar.
- Logout from your account.
- “Event status: Cancelled” will be displayed on the live website event page.
Do I need to alter my event posting after the event is held?
No, your event will automatically revert to “Expired Status” after the event date and will no longer be visible to users in search results.
Can you post my event for me?
We would be happy to assist you with that! You may send the following event details using our contact form.
- Name of event
- Event host business name
- Name and email address of event contact person or business
- Start date and end date
- Start time and end time
- Event description
- Event location address
- Event page URL (business website, Facebook, Eventbrite, etc)
- Ticket page URL (if available)
- Business Website URL (or event URL, if different)
- Contact phone number
- Contact email address
- One (1) high resolution image 800 x 600 dimensions.