The Local Dish Craft Food and Drink Guide is the right place if you’re curious about the benefits to your business of reaching out to the just-right target audience. We’re a growing search-and-discover tool for people near you who prefer to visit and buy from businesses that demonstrate sustainability in all ways large and small.
If you incorporate any number of authentic production and sustainability practices, local sourcing and earth-friendly or artisanal ways, The Local Dish is the place for your business to be found by your self-identified new regulars.
Check out the FAQ’s below or Contact Us so we can communicate with you directly about your amazing Oregon business.
New to The Local Dish? Set up an account to add your business to the directory.
- 84% of consumers now say that authenticity, sustainability and social responsibility are key elements in their lifestyle and shopping choices. Current online search options make finding businesses that match these consumer values very difficult, but The Local Dish is a resource that directly addresses this growing consumer need for local customers that could make your business their new favorite.
The Local Dish is making their search easier with eco-conscious food and drink producers together in one easy resource they can turn to again and again.
- Attract self-identified traffic to your website and business matching what you do directly to the local audience searching for you
- Lower your advertising expense and stop wasting money on broad-reach ads that don’t target your niche customers
- Boost search results for your business by increasing relevance – putting your business in front of the just-right audience makes a big difference
- Increase your search ranking and get more clicks and traffic on your website, which increases sales
Join the community of conscious businesses….and grow together!
Whether you have a long list of environmental, social or sustainability practices baked-in to your business, or you have just one or two sustainable aspects going on, you’ll fit right in on The Local Dish! Unlike other online directories, your listing will prominently display any eco-practices you’re using, allowing consumers to feel good about choosing your business.
Here’s our list of categories:
Bakeries • Beer, Wine and Cocktail Bars • Breweries • Cheesemakers • Chocolatiers • Cideries • Coffee Roasters • Distilleries • Farms + Ranches • Grocery Stores • Restaurants + Cafes • Food Trucks • Specialty Products + Retail Shops • Wineries
Overview business description in your own words
Accurate contact information
Hours and location
Up to 20 images (depending on membership level)
Special offerings, services, tags, SEO descriptions and keywords
Sourcing and sustainability practices
Social media links
Events and promotions on your listing page
Feature story linked to your listing (ask about our special rate)
Niche business directories have high relevancy signals. Their contents are directly relevant to yours. This means the traffic from niche business directories is more relevant to your business than generic web-wide listings. Our site visitors are more likely to be your potential customers because they have landed here while looking for highly relevant phrases associated with your unique business.
All of these relevancy signals on our niche directory offer you self-identified consumers who prefer authenticity, sustainability and social responsibility. Our traffic to your website is focused and attentive to what you can provide and how it matches their values.
- Search engines respect business directories like The Local Dish with high standards, well organized categories, and detailed business listings. Businesses that appear in these directories are trusted by search engines, which leads to higher rankings and attracts more local customers to your website.
- Getting listed on relevant local or niche directories also allows search engines to learn more about your business and increases the odds of your business appearing in local search results. The more specific our directory’s focus, the more it helps your business target the right audience for your product, service, or location.
- Increased visibility in search results (which leads to improved traffic quality and quantity)
- Greater credibility for the business (among search engines and consumers)
By presenting search related content, The Local Dish engages our site visitors longer, attracts repeat visitors and appeals to search engines. High quality images, your key business information and events, and comment sections increase your chances of appearing in search results.
thelocaldish.com is an ad-free space that provides connections between local consumers and your business without the requirement of paid ads. You’ve work hard to differentiate yourself in the marketplace so we believe your listing page should be free of ads as well. You won’t need to pay us to remove competing ads, because, quite simply, we don’t accept them.
In fact, you won’t find paid banner advertising on The Local Dish either. Your business will be discovered by people seeking lifestyle experiences that reflect your mutual values of transparency, authenticity, local sourcing or sustainability.
It’s easy to join the community! Get started by clicking the green button below. We review each business listing for accuracy within 24 hours, so you’ll be visible on The Local Dish the next day.
Register below to reach your “right” customer.
Welcome to the community!
New to The Local Dish? Set up an account to add your business.
Already have an account?