- Join legendary chef Keith Ellis (former co-owner of Eugene’s retail establishment Cooks Pots & Tabletops), as he takes you on an epicurean journey with a step by step 4 course demo (he cooks, while you watch, learn and eat!) Repeat dates: October 10th November 20th December 12th Each course served with wine tastings provided by Capitello. September Demo Class Menu: 1st course: Mozzarella di Buffala “Caprese” Soup 2nd course: Oregon Tuna Kebobs w Blackberry Balsamic Drizzle 3rd course: “BLT” Pasta Dessert: Caprial’s Chocolate Raspberry Tart
- Category: Culinary Classes11/13/2019, 5:30 pm-7:30 pmVenue: 296 E 5th Ave
Eugene, Oregon 97401Join Provision Market Hall specialty food buyer and demo chef, Joe Randazzo, for our next Cook the Book Class, where he’ll be preparing a delicious meal from one of his favorite cookbooks: Estela, by Ignacio Mattos. Estela, a downtown Manhattan bistro, serves bold, bright, innovative cuisine and has earned a spot on the World’s 50 Best restaurants list. This class will include a generous meal and discussion about Ignacio’s approach to food in the context of the book. Joe will be preparing an endive salad, steak with brussels sprouts and taleggio, and demonstrating the perfect parsnip gelato–along with helpful advice on the best way to layer flavors, shop for produce and explore this fabulous book. Wine pairings will be available for purchase.
- Category: Food and Drink Tasting11/16/2019, 11:00 am-12:30 pmVenue: 532 Olive St
Eugene, Oregon 97401Our guest Angela of Eugene-based Oregon Tea Traders will be returning to talk all about…TEA! This fun and informative talk includes delicious tea tastings! The presentation will be held on our south porch. **Space and seating limited to a first come basis.
- Join us at Iris Vineyards for our annual Chestnut Roast the entire weekend following Thanksgiving! We’ll be roasting chestnuts from our estate and other local orchards and serving them up for $5 per cone. Pairs wonderfully with our 2015 Willamette Valley Chardonnay! This is a great opportunity to pick up holiday gifts for the wine lovers among your family and friends, and we’ll also be offering limited availability releases and package wine deals! We hope to see you during this fun, annual Thanksgiving tradition with the Iris family. Cheers!
- Category: Culinary Event12/10/2019, 7:00 pm-8:30 pmVenue: 232 Lincoln St
Eugene, Oregon 97401Instructor: Whole Earth Nature School Anna Bradley is Co-Founder of Whole Earth Nature School and local clinical herbalist. In this evening talk, Anna will introduce the basics of wild plant identification and harvesting, including the ethics of wildcrafting. Anna will introduce some of her favorite wild edible and medicinal plants and discuss how she likes to use them. You might be surprised what kind of wild bounty is available, even in the winter and early spring time. This talk is hosted in partnership with Whole Earth Nature School, one of REI’s 2019 Grant Partners. WildCraft Cider Works will donate $1 from every cider sold to Whole Earth Nature School, whose mission is mentoring students in the outdoors to foster confidence, resilience, and kinship with nature. More information can be found at https://www.wholeearth.org FREE – All Ages
- The Oregon Truffle Festival returns for its 15th year from January 24-26, 2020. Our January weekend in Eugene celebrates the world of Oregon truffles and the culinary bounty of the southern Willamette Valley. A variety of truffle packages for weekend-long immersions are now available: The Gourmand **SOLD OUT** The Epicurious: https://bit.ly/2mlxeyL Truffle Farming A-Z: https://bit.ly/2lNL5O9 Grape and Grain: https://bit.ly/2lT3pFE With hands-on cooking classes, truffle dog training, truffle hunts and workshops, learning opportunities abound during the Eugene weekend. Decadent truffle breakfasts, lunches, dinners and the Oregon Fresh Truffle Marketplace are offered as part of weekend packages and a limited number of experiences are sold à la carte. Most events during this weekend are located in and around Eugene, with a few taking place in the Southern Willamette Valley truffle and wine country. Find the full program of events here: https://bit.ly/2CDvnMP Travel & Lodging Eugene Lodging: Graduate Eugene (formerly the Hilton Eugene) Our lodging partner, Graduate Eugene (formerly the Hilton Eugene), has a free airport shuttle available during the festival weekend. Please call the hotel at (541) 342-2000 to make arrangements, as the shuttle cannot meet every flight. OTF transportation for all Weekend Experience events and the à la carte Truffle Farming A-Z on Saturday will be provided to and from Graduate Eugene. On the Saturday forays and truffiere tours we are guests on private land by invitation only, and as such, no private vehicles are permitted. Reservations can be made by calling our reservations line 413-821-3144 and referring to booking code OTF0120 Or via the booking link: Oregon Truffle Festival 2020 Please note that you must book your room by 1/8/20 to receive the discounted OTF group rate.
- Category: Dining Event1/25/2020, 6:00 pm-9:30 pmVenue: 66 E 6th Ave
Eugene, Oregon 97401Experience an evening of conviviality around the table at the 15th annual Grand Truffle Dinner celebrating Oregon’s native winter white and black truffles. This unforgettable six-course meal will be prepared by celebrated guest chefs and paired with magnificent Willamette Valley wines. Our annual Grand Truffle Dinner celebrates Oregon’s native winter white and black truffles in a sumptuous, six-course meal prepared by celebrated guest chefs and paired with magnificent Willamette Valley wines. Featured Chefs: Rocky Maselli Dustin Busby Sarah Schafer Ben Jones Robin Jackson