We invite you to join us for our holiday complimentary tasting at Smith Teamaker (SE) to celebrate the release of our new, limited edition Barrel Scented Teas. This will be the only opportunity to sample these teas – so please come join us! Come visit our110 SE Washington Tasting Room, Dec 6th from 4-6pm.
What you will be tasting:
• No.302 Yaupon Brandy (smithtea.com/yaupon-brandy)
• No.628 Wuyi Whiskey (smithtea.com/wuyi-whiskey)
~ The Story ~
Last year we created some beautiful barrel aged teas using many different ingredients to build up some complex blends. This year Tony wanted to focus on single origin teas. How do you showcase just the tea and make it sing? Sometimes creating something that seems so simple can be the most intimidating – nothing for it to hide behind. The process of aging the tea in these barrels takes attention to detail – watching the moisture content, taking daily samples and cupping them, comparing the intensity of all the components and determining when you will have the most balanced and yet full bodied cup. Read on to learn more about our barrel scented teas we created.
~ About our Barrel Scented Teas ~
No.302 Yaupon Brandy – A subtle and smoky yaupon herbal infusion, made from the only naturally caffeinated plant native to North America. Scented in a Stone Barn Brandyworks apple brandy barrel to impart fruit and wood complexity. A most satisfying cup to enjoy, straight from the new frontiers of tea. (Non-alcoholic)
No.628 Wuyi Whiskey – Inspired by the legendary smoked tea from the misty Wuyi mountains of China. A delicate, full leaf black tea smoked with pine needles, then scented in a Westward Whiskey barrel to impart oak, caramelized sugar and bright notes of whiskey. A mellow meeting of East and West in a cup you won’t soon forget. (Non-alcoholic)
• Do these teas contain alcohol? – No they do not (but they taste great with alcohol. Consult us if you want some recommendations on pairings).
• Do I need a ticket and/or RSVP? – We would love for you to click ‘attending/going’ on Facebook so we can get a ballpark idea of how many people are attending. But please show up, bring friends, we are happy to have you!
• Will you run out of product to sample? – No we won’t. Even if you arrive at 5:59pm we will have a hot cup of tea waiting for you.