- 6 rice paper wrappers
- 1 1/2 oz. rice sticks, prepared as directed (Golden Pak is a local distributor)
- 1/3 lb. Dungeness crab meat
- 1/4 of a cucumber, cut into thin matchsticks about 4” long
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper, cut into thin matchsticks about 4” long
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, torn from stems
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 green onions tops, sliced into thin matchsticks about 4” long
Prepare one rice wrapper by soaking it in a bowl of warm water until soft, about 30-45 seconds until pliable.
If you do them all at once ahead of time be sure to layer each one between paper towels or they will stick together. Remove the wrapper from the water and lay on a non-stick surface.
Place a lettuce leaf in the middle of the wrapper. In the following order, layer 1/6 of each ingredient on top of each other in the middle of the lettuce: Rice noodles, bell pepper, cucumber, carrots, green onions, cilantro and crabmeat.
Fold in both ends of the wrapper, as if rolling a burrito. Take the side of the wrapper closest to you and fold completely over the filling, tuck in, and pull back snuggly to secure. Roll tightly to the end of the wrapper. Place on a plate with the end of the wrapper face down.
Repeat with all six wrappers using remaining ingredients. Cut each in half and serve with your choice of dipping sauce
Dipping Sauce Recipes: